Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Movie: Into The Wild

I don't really know how to write about this film. But Into The Wild is the kind of movie that lights a fire inside of you and takes a long time to extinguish.

I tend to like movies where people chuck it all. I like stories about giving it all up, tossing it in the back seat, and running with it. Emile Hirsch plays Christopher McCandless, a 23-year old young man with a passion for life and a quest to live it to the fullest. How trite that must sound, but how hard that is to actually accomplish.

I really don't know what to say. I loved this movie. I'm captivated by this true story. I'm vibrating still from the power of it. I'll never forget it and I'll continue to think about what I think about it.

I know a lot of the critiques, I know the naysayers. I don't really care about them. Who cares. It's a great film that is told in such a way that it gets under your skin, and stays there for a long time.

There are a lot of articles written about this movie now. I recommend this one: Emile Hirsch Walks Into The Wild. It talks about the unique process of making this film and what Sean Penn (the director) was going for.

No comments: