Sunday, August 24, 2008

People: Phelps Motivational Quotes


“It’s been nothing but an upward rollercoaster,” Phelps said. “It’s been nothing but fun.”

----

“When someone says you can’t do something, it shows that anything is possible,” Phelps said. “When you put your mind to a certain thing, it can happen. The biggest thing is nothing is impossible. All it takes is an imagination.”

----

“I’m at a loss for words,” Phelps said.

They gave him another medal, cranked up a final “Star-Spangled Banner” and as he looked over at his mother and sisters in the crowd he finally did something new.

He broke down and cried.

----

"I'm having fun and I think that's really all that matters," he said. "You can do anything. I think one of the biggest things I've learned over the last four years is that anything is possible if you set your imagination.

"Whatever you dream of, you can do. For me, the sky's the limit. I have some pretty lofty dreams in my head and those goals are going to stay there until they are accomplished.

"It's not going to be easy getting there and there are going to be some bumps in the road ... I don't think it's going to be perfect but it's going to be fun over the next few years while I finish off my career."

----

Eight gold medals: it is no small achievement.

"Well, I guess I'm supposed to tell more about how it felt," he said later. "But what is there to say? It was fun."

No comments: