Sunday, September 17, 2006

Movie: Transamerica

Brilliant movie. I had such low expectations going into it. I don't why. Maybe I thought it was going to be another one of those long-winded movies that took itself too seriously.

This was not that. This was brilliant. This was about the power of transformation, on all levels, within all people. Felicity Huffman is going to be the new Meryl Streep if she continues taking roles like this. The only reason I can back up her decision to join the Desperate Housewives' cast is because it gives her more visibility, so people who normally would never see Transamerica might be more than curious to give it a shot.

This movie, wow, I have to tell you, is unforgettable. Even Dolly Parton adds her touch with an original song, and it's really fun, especially to hear her talk about it in the DVD extras.

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I am highly recommending this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please update