Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fashion: Garden Dress

For today's review, I have to tell you about a dress. It's not a deeply spiritual thing to write about, I know. But work with me here.

Think of something in your closet that makes you smile as soon as you put it on. Think of something in your closet that feels like a best-kept-secret. And you own it.

Yes, it's just a dress. I didn't buy it in Paris. I bought it in Target. Which means you could drive to the mall right now, where ever you are, and pick one up in your size. It's called the Isaac Mizrahi Garden Dress, and I have it in Chocolate. Rumor has it, blue and black are also floating around. It cost me $34.

I wore it this weekend to a wedding. Its empire waist makes you feel like you're five years younger than you were before you slipped it on. It's knee-length floaty skirt takes about another year off. Then try dancing in it, next to an ocean, with the wind blowing in your hair, to only your favorite songs. Go on, try it.

I found it in Target when I was there looking for something that was completely *not* a Summery brown dress. Isn't that always how it goes? I walked by it, and made a little girly gasp. You know, the one that you make when you see a new potential best-kept-secret in your size at a great price. The gasp that, if song lyrics were written for it, would be: "I can't believe I just found something that matches the fantasy in my head of the dress I would like to own. OOh baby. Ooh oh baby."

Now, you may think I'm nuts for writing this. And until last night I would have accepted that presumption as a possibility. But last night I discovered that other woman are talking about this dress online. Yes, other women are taking the time to reflect on how they felt when they first saw this dress and how wearing it makes them feel.

Here are some quotes:

I have this dress in floral, navy, and now this chocolate.

Ran into "Tarjay" to get some school supplies and this dress made me stop. Grab it and kept going, knowing I will probably return it later. Got home and tried it on and "wow".

I love this dress and have it in black as well! I got so many compliments... A must have for your wardrobe!

Adorable dress!

I got this dress today at my local Target and love it! This dress looks very flattering on. Superb dress!



See, I'm not alone.

No comments: