Sunday, June 03, 2007

Websites: The Big Ones

These websites absolutely do not need my endorsement, so therefore I won't even include the href's. However, they continue to impress me, wow me, and encourage me to use their services. And I can't shut up about them.

Threadless.com
I've talked about them before. And since then, I finally bought one of their t-shirts. I love it! Maybe it's a little cheesy and not really appropriate for work. But guess who wore it anyway. And guess whose students said, "Hey, that's from the song 99 red balloons!"

Netflix.com
I always thought Netflix would be so much cooler if they started releasing movies online. So if I forgot to return my red envelopes before Thursday, I'd still have something to watch when I got home Saturday night and wasn't tired yet. Clearly, the company has telepathic connections to my brain, because I just found out, they took my idea! They have a big banner in corporate headquarters now that says my name with THANK YOU all around it in bubble letters. You're welcome NF. You're welcome.

Blogger.com
Wow, when I first started using blogger, things were so simple. You basically wrote, and posted. That was it. Since then they've added so much cool stuff. They just don't give up! Now they have this label thing to help you organize your posts, they provide separate links so you can see one page at a time, and they have this whole new archival system. It's great fun. I'm proud of them. I am.

Blurb.com
Oh my goodness, Blurb. Oh my goodness. This is my new addiction. Download their software and have fun making a book of your recent travels, or a wedding, or your cat. Make a little art portfolio for yourself. Import your flickr photos and put your photoblog in book form. Heck, turn your written blog into a book with one little button! Really, this thing is astonishing. And the final products are well worth the time it takes to put your project together. Though it's kind of expensive when you actually want to buy your book, it certainly is a timeless investment.

Sidestep.com
My sister introduced me to this website. She's a connoisseur of travel planning how-to's. Within minutes, I was so blown away by the user-interface of this domain. If you're a techy, an appreciator of web design, a smartie with a brain that values interactive organization, you are going to drool over this site. You'll probably buy a plane ticket just because you'll want to see what the shopping cart system is like. I love the way these pages are laid out, the way the content is organized and reveals itself to you in sections. I love it's simplicity and it's respect for the end user. I love the way it lets you refine your searches. I love the way it actually finds you great deals. Forget expedia. Use this one.


So in summary, all these websites lead me to one conclusion:
Ladies and Gentleman, we are officially living in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out

Anonymous said...

ooo I've been dying to take a trip somewhere.. I'll give sidestep a looksee!

HI! :)