Thursday, August 16, 2007

Movie: Broken English

First thing. I love the lower east side. I think I want to move there.

Second thing. I love Parker Posey. I'd listen to her read the phone book if she'd let me.

Tonight I caught a new movie (guess where) starring (guess who). It's called BROKEN ENGLISH.

It was so good, good, good, good, good. God, it was good.

So here's the story. A young woman, in her thirties, living in NYC, thinks she'll never find the right man. Hmm. Far fetching. Turn down the lights, start the movie, watch her story, pray for a happy ending.

Why can't all relationship movies be like this, and this? Why do some actresses even want to make movies like this? Aren't they ashamed of their selves? I don't get it. I understand that they make a lot of money, but at the end of the day... Really? Is that what it's all about?

Here's a preview of BROKEN ENGLISH, which has a fantastic trailer, without giving anything away.

No comments: